• Tipperary Draw 2020

Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Thiobraid Árann

Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol Football Final Reports 2016

December 20th, 2016

Under 13 Football

A. Scoil Ailbhe beat Templemore

Wednesday the 26th of October saw the completion of the under 13 A Football championship for 2016. Neighbours Colm Cilles of Templemore and Scoil Ailbhe of Thurles went head to head in The Ragg in the all Mid-Tipperary county final. The Thurles side were looking to bridge a 29 year gap since their last title in the grade while the opposition were looking to add to their recent successes. After conceding the first score Scoil Ailbhe settled quickly with Aidan Butler and Robbie Stapleton dictating the tempo up front. The latter stroking over a brace of points while the former teeing up a goal each for his colleagues in the full forward line, Michael-Anthony McCarthy and Sean Gleeson. McCarthy quickly added a third goal to the Scoil Ailbhe tally as their midfield of Corey Moore and Darragh Minogue continued their dominance in the crucial middle third.

The Templemore boys showed their resolve, scoring a goal and a point to drag themselves back into the contest as the half drew to a close. Defenders Sean Leahy, James Mockler and Josh Connolly using all their determination and skills to limit the losses at this stage. Half time score 3-3 to 1-2.

A good start to the second half was vital for both sides in what was proving to be a fantastic contest. When it was most needed Scoil Ailbhe’s powerful wingbacks, Jekabs Rusins and Siya Ndizingani provided the leadership to cut out the Templemore attacks and keep the supply of ball flowing to their dangerous forwards. Scott Brennan, a constant link between defence and attack flicked on to the flying Gleeson who carried the ball astutely from flank to centre before finishing a great goal. Rory Fleming was next to turn provider, using his vision to tee up the excellent Aidan Butler for a much deserved goal.

The half following the pattern of the first saw Templemore come back into the contest. A much needed goal was followed by a chance to narrow the gap further from the penalty stop. However a fantastic save from the Thurles keeper David Purcell kept the opposition at arm’s length. Templemore kept going and followed up with 1-2 in the closing exchanges. Scoil Ailbhe brought on Sean Costello and Kieran Purcell to add fresh impetus to the forward line. While Andrew Keegan Cian Forrestal and Conor Gleeson helped steady the ship in midfield. Darragh Minogue sealed the victory with a sublime goal in the last quarter. Roared on by the inspirational support of the school from the packed stand, rock solid centre back Niall Dunne carried the ball out of defence for the last time. Referee Johnny Butler signalled the end of a tremendous final. The Scoil Ailbhe boys, mentors, staff and families celebrated the historic win. Huge credit to coaches Barbara Ryan and Michael Russell together with the support of Denis McCullagh, Claire Grogan, Peter Donnelly , Ger Fogarty and Principal Brid Ryan for getting the panel to this stage.

Naomh Colm Cille’s principal Kieran Healy presented the winning captain, Corey Moore with the county shield. Kieran paid tribute to both sides on the quality of football on show and to Willie Clohessy for providing the venue for the final. Finally credit to referee Johnny Butler for facilitating a very entertaining and free flowing county final.


PANEL: David Purcell, James Mockler, Sean Leahy, Josh Connolly, Siya Ndizingani, Niall Dunne, Jekabs Rusins, Darragh Minogue, Corey Moore, Rory Fleming, Robbie Stapleton, Scott Brennan, Sean Gleeson, Aidan Butler, Michael-Anthony McCarthy, Sean Costello, Kieran Purcell, Cian Forrestal, Andrew Keegan, Niall Connors, Mark Davis, Conor Gleeson, Sean Keane, Josh McCarthy, Liam Foley, Dylan Casey, Jack Ryan, Tommy Donoghue, Daniel Mockler, Dylan Skehan, Adam Leahy, James Woodlock and Matthew Raven

B. Powerstown beat Two Mile Borris.
C. Ballina beat Gaelscoil Clonmel.
D. Kilsheelan beat Newport BNS.
E. Corville beat Lisnamrock.

The Corville N.S. U13 boys played a tough county-final on Tuesday the 8th of November. They played against a very good Lisnamrock side. Corville’s captain, Alexander Morrissey, played alongside a very talented team with plenty of strong players in each line. In goals for Corville was Matthew Bergin who pulled off some great saves at important times. The backs were Leigh Loughnane, Cian Carey and Sean Purcell; midfielders were Brian O’Rourke and Ryan Thompson and the forwards were David Feehan, Alex Morrissey and Devin Loughnane. Corville had great support on the day and brilliant coaches in Mr. Slattery, Mr. Phelan, Mr. Darcy and Mr. Conlon. Corville got going right from the start and made an early score through Alex Morrissey. Lisnamrock kicked out the ball, trying to get a point back but our defence stood their ground and Devin Loughnane scored a fine point created by Ryan Thompson. Lisnamrock came forward again and scored a point. Corville scored a crucial goal straight after this with some beautiful team play involved. By the half time break Corville had managed to build a nice lead, but it was important to stay focused for the second half as we were sure Lisnamrock would come out strong. Thankfully the second half went just like the first half and we managed to increase our lead. This allowed us to bring on our subs who all contributed nicely when the chips were down late in the game. At the final whistle, it was smiles all round as Corville had won the final. Corville would like to thank Lisnamrock for the great game and wish them all the best in the future.

F. Cappawhite beat Cloughjordan

It was a cold and wet Friday morning on the 11th of November, the day of the Roinn F County Football final in Littleton, Co. Tipperary. The Cappawhite supporters had travelled by bus and were out in full force to support their team in blue and white. So too were the Cloughjordan fans and as the two teams took to the pitch for the coin toss, the atmosphere was becoming tense. Cappawhite won the toss, and Captain James Quinlan elected to play against a strong breeze for the first half. Having the experience of playing and winning county finals in football and hurling last year, Cappawhite settled quickly into the game and slotted over 2 points through the boot of corner forward Kyle Walshe. Cloughjordan responded instantly however with a fantastic goal that rattled the back of the net. Cappawhite, having been in a similar situation against an excellent Tankerstown side earlier in the group stages, knew not to panic. The team in blue and white replied with a 30-yard free scored by James Quinlan. 10 minutes into the first half and the sides were level in a thriller, the growing crowd had got what they came for! The Cappawhite team then dug their heels in once more and worked the ball up the field through Jamie Buckley, Sam Carmody, James Quinlan and Cian O’ Carroll, with the latter sending a perfectly-weighted pass to corner forward John O’Donnell who superbly slotted the ball into the back of the Cloughjordan net. Going in at the break the score read Cappawhite 1-3 Cloughjordan 1-0, just a kick of a ball between the teams.

Cappawhite were forced into 2 changes for the second half, Goalkeeper Denis Collins O’ Dwyer had to be substituted after injuring himself while making a brave save. Having scoring a goal in the first half, John O’Donnell was now asked to defend the goals in the second. Katelyn Ryan now slotted into the corner forward position for the west Tipperary side. Again Cappawhite got off to a good start from the throw-in with James Quinlan lofting over another pointed free. Cloughjordan were putting more and more pressure on the Cappawhite midfielders however, and scored a further 2 points. They narrowly missed a goal opportunity too but thanks to the excellent defending of Sam Carmody and Jamie Buckley, Cappawhite were still in the game. The Cloughjordan goalkeeper produced a number of outstanding saves early in the second half and it looked as if the game was going down to the wire! However a break-through goal eventually came for the Cappawhite side. Great pressure from the midfield trio of Chloe Kelly, James Quinlan and Cian O’Carroll turned the ball over and through a slick move, Kyle Walshe was the clinical finisher once more. 2 more goals from Cian O’Carroll were to follow as the Cappawhite team were beginning to grow more and more in confidence, with Buckley and Carmody in fine form at the back, the blue and white midfielders and forwards were allowed to move into more advanced positions. James Quinlan added 3 more points to his personal tally for the day, and Cian O’Carroll with another 3 points also. Cloughjordan were determined to the last minute, fighting for every ball and making the Cappawhite team work very hard for their scores. As the final whistle blew however, it was the Cappawhite team who clinched victory and completed a historic treble, much to the delight of their onrushing supporters! The team returned to school with a thunderous welcome from staff and pupils who celebrated the day with a party! Final score on the day: Cappawhite 4-11 Cloughjordan 1–3 Ceapach na bhFaoiteach abú!

Cappawhite team: Denis Collins O’Dwyer, Jamie Buckley, Sam Carmody, Chloe Kelly, James Quinlan (0-5), Cian O Carroll (2-3), Kyle Walshe (1-3) , John O Donnell (1-0), Katelyn Ryan, John Harding, Conor Gantley, Tommy Costello, Brian Gerard Buckley, Kian O’ Donoghue, Sean Hayes

G. Boher beat Donaskeigh
H. Gurtagarry beat Grangemockler
I. Killusty beat Kilvemnon

Under 13 Ladies Football

A. Ballylooby beat Sisters of Charity
B. Annacarty beat Clerihan

On Friday 11th November Clerihan and Annacarty faced each other, in the Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol Under 13 Roinn B Ladies Football County Final. The Final took place on a wet morning in Leahy Park in Cashel. Fergal Horgan was the referee and he threw in the ball at 10.00 am.

Annacarty were first to settle and set a blistering pace to proceedings. Clerihan worked hard to keep up with the Annacarty flyers. Annacarty went into a strong early lead and were playing mighty football. The Clerihan girls were very brave and tried with all their might to stay in touch. Both sides displayed great skill and there were wonderful scores from both teams. Annacarty were in command at half time. The Clerihan girls kept battling in the second half and fought to the end. They were rewarded with some lovely scores.

The Annacarty girls were physically stronger than Clerihan and this helped them on a wet day, in difficult conditions. Annacarty had some exceptional players on view. The Clerihan girls though fought like lions and had they taken a few more chances they would have been very close at the final whistle. As it was, at the final whistle, Annacarty were the County Champions. They won by 9 points, on a score line of 3-12 to 2-3.

It was a great day Annacarty NS. But it was also a special day for Clerihan. To reach a County Final is an excellent achievement and they gave of their very best. That’s all that can be asked of them.

Well done to Annacarty and hard luck to the brave young girls from Clerihan. They did their school and families proud, by reaching County Final day and by playing so gallantly on the day itself.

Clerihan Under 13 Ladies Football Panel: Caoilinn Casey. Anna Chirubvu. Grainne O’Connor. Amy Doyle. Erin McMahon. Mya Clancy. Laura Cooney. Aoibheann Casey. Amy O’Donnell. Madalyn Griffin. Jessica Moloney. Sophia Anderson. Mia Rose O’Sullivan. Caoimhe Keeley. Ella Hennessy. Ellen Houze. Aoibheann Brennan. Aoibheann Griffin.

C. Gaelscoil Clonmel beat Two Mile Borris
D. Cashel GNS beat Corville

The Corville u13 girl’s football team travelled down to Leahy Park, Cashel for an extremely tough county final. They played against a very strong and determined Cashel GNS team. Corville were eager for a reversal of fortunes after a loss against the same team in the county camogie final last April. The Corville team was captained by Khya Lynch. It was very cold but luckily the rained stayed away for the match. Corville started the game well and scored the opening goal. They were very competitive against a bigger Cashel team but once Corville’s energy levels dropped Cashel began to take over. The Cashel team proved worthy winners after a very hard game. The Corville team played extremely well and battled right to the end. The team were very disappointed after the game because it meant so much to them but they were cheered up by the coaches and parents who told them how well they played. It was a very good and bad day for us but we are really proud of our efforts. A big well done to the Cashel side that played really well. Big thanks to Mr. Scully, Mr. Conlon and Mr. Slattery for encouraging us all to play football for the school and pushing us to our limits in training

E. Moyne beat Ballyneale
F. Kilcash beat Youghalarra

Under 11 Football

A. Templemore beat Carrick CBS
A1. Templemore B beat Powerstown B
B. Two Mile Borris beat Clerihan

The venue was Leahy Park in Cashel. It was a cold, wet morning. It was Friday 11th November 2016 and it was County Final day. Clerihan and Two Mile Borris were set to collide in the Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol Under 11 Roinn B County Football Final. Fergal Horgan was the referee and he threw in the ball at 10.50 am.

The game started at a great pace. Both teams looked evenly matched at the start. Both sides settled and began to play some good football. The conditions weren’t the best but the players didn’t seem to mind. Both teams showed lots of composure and played with confidence. However Two Mile Borris scored 2 goals in quick succession to take command of proceedings. Clerihan replied with 2 good points. Despite being ahead on the score board Two Mile Borris weren’t having things all their own way. Clerihan were pushing hard for scores and had a few narrow misses. Two Mile Borris got another goal and were in a good position at half time. They led by 3-0 to 0-2 at the interval.

Two Mile Borris played with great style in the second half and showed that they are a superb outfit. Clerihan never gave up though and demonstrated that they too were a team to be reckoned with. The play went up and down the field and both teams contributed to an exciting contest. Clerihan created a few goal chances but unfortunately they didn’t find the back of the net, on those occasions. Clerihan did get a goal during the second half but Two Mile Borris responded with 2 goals and a point of their own. At the final whistle Two Mile Borris were champions. The final score was 5-1 to 1-3.

Two Mile Borris were worthy champions and fully deserved their victory. But the young boys from Clerihan played their part in an exciting and entertaining game. The standard of football was very high. The skill level on view was high, as well. Even though they were defeated Clerihan showed great character to keep going until the final whistle. Clerihan also played some fine football. Unfortunately for them Two Mile Borris were that little bit better overall. Clerihan can be very proud of reaching the County Final though. These young lads will be back stronger next year and will be a force to be reckoned with, in 2017, at under 13 level.

Well done to Two Mile Borris, their coach Liam McCullagh and all who contributed to their great win. They’re an excellent team.

Clerihan Under 11 Football Panel: Daniel Buckley. Michael O’Connell. Cian O’Sullivan. Ciaran Fitzpatrick. Odhran McGrath. Mark Corcoran. Eoin Feehan. Brian Mordaunt. Himansh Kalluholematam. Ryan O’Sullivan. Cillian Begley.

B1. Clerihan B beat St. Oliver’s B

The County Under 11 B1 Football Final Blitz took place in Clerihan on Wednesday 9th November. 4 teams took part in the Blitz – Clerihan, Cashel BNS, St. Oliver’s and Rosegreen. This Blitz was for the school’s second teams at under 11 level, so the players were all very young. The standard of football on view was very high, despite the inexperience of the players.

Clerihan beat Cashel BNS and Rosegreen NS in their opening two games. St. Oliver’s also accounted for both schools in their opening 2 games. That meant that the final game of the blitz, between Clerihan and St. Oliver’s, was essentially The County Final. Whoever would win this game would be crowned County Champions. The match was a gripping contest, with the outcome in question right up to the end. The quality of football on view was outstanding. Both teams played with flair, skill and style. There were wonderful goals and majestic points scored. At the final whistle Clerihan were County Champions. The final score was Clerihan 5-9 St. Oliver’s 6-1. It was a great game. Well done to the Clerihan lads. Bhí sibh go h-iontach. Hard luck to St. Oliver’s. Beith la eile agaibh, gan dabht.

Clerihan Under 11 B1 Panel: Evan Hennessy. Aaron Mullins. Aaron O’Dwyer. Conor Cooney. Aiden Freir. Sam Fleming. Adam Tobin Purcell. Jake Maher (captain). John Cronin. Cormac Brennan. Kalle Hogan. Rory Keeley. James Cleary. Ewan McKell.

C. Corville beat Gaelscoil Clonmel

Corville played a tough county final against Gaelscoil Clonmel on the 11th of November in Leahy Park, Cashel. Corville were captained by Mathew Bergin and he made some top class saves to keep Corville in front. We started the game well and by half time we had built a good lead. After half time we had a chance to bring on all our subs to sample the county final atmosphere. It was a great team effort from Corville. In the forwards were Patrick Moloney, Aaron Mulready and Cormac O’Connor. Our forward line worked very well and picked off some lovely goals. The midfield line consisted of Brian O’Rouke, Leon Byrne, Billy Hayes and Cathal MC Donald who all had superb games. The backs were Sean Purcell and Leigh Loughnane, they were a very strong pair and stopped the other team from scoring much. Our coaches Mr. Slattery, Mr. Phelan and Mr. Darcy gave us a lot of encouragement to get us going on what was a cold day for football. Corville would like to thank Clonmel for the amazing game. Clonmel were a great team with a bright future but just came up against a better team on the day.

C1. Corville B v Thomastown B. (To be Played)
D. Birdhill beat Mullinahone

On Friday the 11th of November, Birdhill N.S played Mullinahone N.S in the under 11s D County Football Final. The match took place in Littleton at 10.30am. Mullinahone scored the first point of the match. Birdhill came back with a point from a free taken by Brian Tobin. Mullinahone scored a second point putting them back in the lead. The ball was kicked to Eoin Heffron from Birdhill and he scored the first goal of the match. This was followed by a second goal from Daniel Ryan. A penalty awarded to Birdhill resulted in another goal. Just before half-time Eoin Heffron scored two points. It was 3:3 to 0:3 at half-time.

The half time subs for Birdhill were Cathal Hannon and Seán McHugo for Daniel Ryan and Michael Hewitt. At the start of the second half Cathal Hannon scored a goal. Then Mullinahone came back with two goals and a point. Thanks to goalkeeper Keith Hogan and defenders Brian and James Tobin Birdhill managed to stay ahead. Halfway through the second half Adam Kiely came back on for Shane Flanagan. Despite being under serious pressure from a very strong Mullinahone team, In the end Birdhill began to pull ahead thanks to a goal and a point from Cathal Hannon and Brian Tobin. The final score was 5:4 to 2:5 to Birdhill. It was a brilliant performance from both teams. Birdhill made school history by winning their first under 11s County Football Final.

Team: Adam Kiely, Brian Tobin, Cathal Hannon, Daniel Ryan, Eoin Heffron, James Tobin, Michael Hewitt, Sean McHugo, and Shane Flanagan.

D1. Mullinahone B beat Borrisoleigh B.
E. Donaskeigh beat Ballinree.
E1. Donaskeigh B beat Templemore C.
F. Tankerstown beat Killenaule.
F1. Dualla B beat Golden B.
G. Lisnamrock beat Monard

Under 11 Ladies Football

A. Powerstown beat Ballylooby.
A1. Powerstown B beat Sisters of Charity B.
B. Corville beat Donaskeigh

Corville played in the U/11 county final on Tuesday, November the 8th in Littleton. They played against a very good Donaskeigh team but they were able to come out victorious in the end. Corville were captained by Ceola Bergin who had a great game in the middle of the pitch. Up front, Madison Moloney and Ava Nash both had excellent games and scored some nice goals. In midfield, we had Ceola Bergin and Abby Vozza who ran their hearts out from start to finish. In defence, we had Niamh O’Brien and Sarah O’Toole, both girls were very solid and gave nothing away. The Corville team built up a decent lead at half time and were able to add more scores in the second half to run out winners in the end. The Donaskeigh team kept battling to the final whistle and we are sure they will come back better than ever next year. We would like to thank the Donaskeigh team for a very good match. Finally, we would like to thank our coaches Mr. Scully, Mr. Conlan and Mr. Slattery for pushing us hard over the last few months.

B1. St. Josephs Templemore B beat Cashel GNS B
C. Tankerstown beat Two Mile Borris
D. Littleton beat Cloneen

Our Sponsors