It was a great start to the Allianz Football League for our senior footballers as we congratulate them on their opening round 1win against Antrim in Semple Stadium last Sunday on a score-line of 2-12 to 0-13 with the Tipperary goals coming courtesy of Michael Quinlivan (Clonmel Commercials) and Philp Austin (Borrisokane). The two influential playmakers leading up to both goals were Alan Campbell (Moyle Rovers) and Conor Sweeney (Ballyporeen). Before an attendance of 722 this was the start to the league Liam Kearns’ side needed as they head into Round 2 today with another home tie, this time against Sligo also in Semple Stadium where the throw in is 2pm.
Congratulations to Brian Fox (Eire Óg Annacarty-Donohill) who captains the Tipperary Senior Footballers for the 2017 campaign which got off to a great start for him. Well done also to Willie Connors (Kiladangan) on making his full debut, while Liam McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney) made his first full start having previously seen action when introduced in 2012 and ’13. Emmett Moloney (Drom & Inch) and Joey Hennessy (Loughmore-Castleiney) also saw competitive senior action for the first time.
With victory crucial in the home games of this campaign to give the team every chance of promotion, our footballers deserve every ounce of support and we appeal to supporters to get behind the lads and make your presence felt in Semple Stadium on Sunday.
Following on in positive fashion, Kearns keeps faith in the same team that lined out the last day as Tipp bid for a second home win in as many games.
The team lines out as follows;
2. Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
3. Paddy Codd – Killenaule
4. Willie Connors – Kiladangan
5. Kevin Fahey – Clonmel Commercials
6. Robbie Kiely – Carbery Rangers
7. Jimmy Feehan – Killenaule
8. Alan Moloney – Rockwell Rovers
9. Martin Dunne – Moyle Rovers
10. Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
11. Liam McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
12. Brian Fox (Capt.) – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
13. Conor Sweeney – Ballyporeen
14. Michael Quinlivan – Clonmel Commercials
15. Philip Austin – Borrisokane