Our final fixtures of the year comprise of the interdivisional football. As occurred last year all the action will be on a Round Robin basis. This gives more meaningful games to all the contestants. The team that collects the most points at the conclusion of three games will be presented the trophy. On Saturday November 21st the U13 action is in Holycross, while the U15 games take place in Dundrum. Commencement times will be published next week.
Coiste na nÓg Convention
The annual convention of Tipperary Coiste na nÓg will be held on Tuesday December 2nd at 8pm in The Horse & Jockey Hotel.
Féile na Gael
As previously publicised, Tipperary along with Waterford are jointly hosting Féile na Gael hurling, camogie and handball tournaments in 2016. Already the organising committee are putting in a huge effort regarding all the requirements that have to be put in place regarding the hosting of such a prestigious tournament. To comply with statutory requirements anyone involved with both the care and/or supervision of children have to have Garda Vetting clearance. Following a meeting last week the following outline some of the requirements. All clubs intending to participate in next year’s tournament must ensure to comply with the requirements and closing dates below.
Gearóid Ó Maoilmhichíl (National Childrens Officer) outlined the following points in relation to Garda Vetting for Féile.
• Garda Vetting will become a legal requirement in January 2016.
• Everyone in the host families 18 years and over that will be present in the house over the Féile weekend will need to be Garda Vetted.
• Household requested to host 2 players (single beds) for two nights 17th/18th June 2016.
• If a person is already Garda Vetted in the GAA/Camogie, they don’t have to reapply.
• Self Declaration Form available if a person’s vetting is declined/delayed.
• Gearóid will meet Camogie reps in the next two weeks, to work together on the vetting.
• Club Children’s Officer and County Children’s Officer to administer application forms,place in envelopes marked Hurling/Camogie and return to Gearóid.
• Closing date for Garda Vetting is 31st January 2016.
• Only coaches in Handball need to be vetted.
• Hosting clubs will be responsible to ensure Garda Vetting is completed.
• There will be a meeting of Club Children’s officers in both counties-date and venue TBC.
• Updated Garda Vetted list will be sent from Croke Park to both County’s Children’s officers
• Hurling/Camogie Gradings to be completed by 15th December.