Regarding Gaeltacht Scholarships, it’s a good time to update you on the changes we are making to the administration of the scheme from this year. From 2016 the following will be the procedure for obtaining a Gaeltacht Scholarship from Coiste Chontae Thiobraid Árann;
1. Students should immediately book a course directly from one of the three nominated Munster Irish Colleges on the attached application Form. This should be done asap as popular dates are booked out quickly.
2. Students wishing to secure a scholarship from Tipperary GAA should complete the attached application form and submit it through their own local GAA Club.
3. These GAA Gaeltacht Scholarships are confined to 2nd Year, 5th Year and TY students and priority will be given to those who have not previously received a Gaeltacht scholarship from Tipperary GAA.
4. The secretary of the GAA Club must sign the form and attach a reference letter supporting the applicant’s application before returning it to the Co Rúnaí.
5. Interviews for the scholarships will be held in Lár na Páirce before the end of February to establish each candidates suitability.
6. Once the student is notified that they have been successful they must secure a receipt for their full fee payment from the Irish College where they have registered.
7. Once this receipt is received by the Co Rúnaí a cheque for €300 will be posted out directly to the students home.
The Closing date for the receipt of Gaeltacht Scholarship Applications is Sun Feb 14th 2016.
Scoláireachtaí Gaeltachta 2016 Foirm Iarratais – MS Word document