The Player Injury Fund is open for registration on the GAA Management system – https://people.gaa.ie
Please make sure you open https://people.gaa.ie using Google Chrome only.
If you open the site using Internet Explorer, you will get a blank screen on the PIF History tab. This issue has been raised with Servasport.
Please note the following important information:
· Payment in respect of the 2017 Player Injury Fund subscription fees must be submitted in full to Croke Park Injury Fund Section on or before March 31st 2017.
· Cover is in place for all registered clubs and counties from the 1st January 2017 as long as all subscription fees are submitted in full on or before March 31st 2017
· The Under 21 team subscription fee has been reduced to €200.00 for 2017
· Claims loading bands have been introduced for 2017 as following detailed analysis of claims trends, it has been established that the claims trends in those clubs who will fall into a claims loading are unsustainable at their current subscription rates and therefore, the Injury Fund needs to be rebalanced to ensure the long term financial viability of the Fund. Clubs who are paying significant subscription fees and whose claims trend is not of concern will fall into a claims discount band or a band in which their subscription fees will remain as in previous years. A separate email will be issued individually to each county advising what bands their clubs are falling into.
· No claim will be processed by Willis Towers Watson for the current playing year until registration is fully completed and the subscription payment is submitted and electronically receipted by Croke Park.
· Claims received by Willis Towers Watson with a date of injury between the 1st January 2017 and the 31st March 2017 will be declined for assessment if payment in full has not been received and electronically receipted in Croke Park on or before March 31st 2017. These claims will be returned to the Club \ County and no appeals will be considered.
· Where registration and / or payment is completed after March 31st 2017, fund cover will commence from the date payment is received and electronically receipted in Croke Park and no appeals will be considered.
· It is important that all clubs and county boards should update the Club Secretary and Injury Fund Administrator contact details with the contact details of the officers who are carrying out these duties in 2017.
· Willis Towers Watson who administrate the claims on behalf of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael receive a download of the contact details from Servasport and therefore, it is extremely important that all of the contact details are up to date to ensure that all claims correspondence is going to the correct officer