See below an update following a scheduled online meeting of the GAA’s Ard Chomhairle today:
1. Central Council has approved the decision by An Coiste Bainistíochta to extend the special emergency powers of Coiste Bainistíochta until May 21 and the same for county committees/provincial councils until May 17.
2. The Association is preparing to undertake a new strategic plan for the five years to 2026.
3. Recent Covid developments in the Six Counties were noted and a Covid Advisory Group meeting will take place next week to discuss the next steps.
4. In view of the ongoing Covid situation the Association has temporarily set aside the standard membership deadline of March 31 for 2021. A new date will be advised well in advance of clubs returning to training and playing.
5. Central Council considered options for preserving loss of wages cover for injured players in the context of the financial challenges facing the Association and will return to this topic in the near future.